Sunday, May 8, 2016

Your Mother is Always with You

Your Mother is always with you. She’s the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she’s the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick, the fragrance of life itself.

She’s the cool hand on your brow when you’re not feeling well, she’s your breath in the air on a cold winter’s day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow. Your mother lives inside your laughter.

She’s the place you came from, your first home, and she’s the map you follow with every step you take. She’s your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space, not even death.

~ unknown

My grandmother always said that she would come back to visit as a red cardinal bird after death. I unexpectedly received some free greeting cards in the mail last night and one had a cardinal on it. I included it among the gifts I'm giving my mom for mother'
s day and noted in it how every time I see one of these birds it makes me smile and how they seem to show up at the oddest of times. Like when, as she just told me on the phone, she saw one this morning. She hasn't yet seen the card!

Update:

I stepped outside for a few minutes in the hope to see a cardinal. I didn't see one, but the thought came to my head that often you must have faith before being offered any evidence or ability to recognize it as proof. I had a meditation video playing on the computer with music and images that change every so often. When I came inside this was the image on screen, I had no idea this image was in the video. It may not be a cardinal, but it certainly is a man with a shaved head like mine facing a red bird! The image is used as the thumbnail for the video, but I hadn't noticed before. :)



Update 2:

A week or so after this was written my wife and I had just started discussing our mothers when a red bird flew through our path. Shortly after adding the last sentence my wife hollered on me to show me an article that came up in her Facebook feed, from someone she knows but who who knew nothing of what I've wrote here, about how when you see a red cardinal it's an angel.

Several weeks later, I was with my mother at a cemetery to help her take pictures for FindAGrave.com. There were specific names she was looking for and she was thinking of hopping out of the car to randomly check a spot, when we saw a red cardinal. She said this must be the spot and Grandma is letting me know. Wouldn't you know it, that is the only place it that entire cemetery with the few graves that she was looking for. I searched all around the place for more graves with those names and found none.



Related:

528 Hz Frequency And Your DNA